Internal Gear Pumps
Internal gear pumps handle varying performance needs and are known as the workhorse of countless manufacturing processes. From Cast Iron to Stainless Steel, Packed to Mechanically Sealed - the Viking Internal Gear Pumps offered by Carotek have over 61,000 different design possibilities to meet your specific process application needs.
Heavy Duty Internal Gear Pumps
- Only two moving parts make these reliable and easy to maintain
- Adjustable end clearance accommodates low or high viscosities, high temperatures, and compensates for wear
- Shaft Seal Options include packed gland, lip seal, single and double mechanical seal, cartridge seal and seal-less mag drive
- Broad selection of locations, configurations and types of porting options
- Accurate flow measurement due to minimal pulsation
- Metals, seals, jacketing, probes available for temperature variances
- Viscosity ranges from thin, thick or multiple liquids
- For motor speed operation or with gear motors, choose from compact, close-coupled options
- Types include Universal Bracket, Universal Mag Drive, Alloy, and Motor Speed Variable Speed Pumps
- Max Capacity to 1600 GPM (365 M3/Hr)
- Max Pressure to 250 PSI (17 BAR)
- Viscosity Range: 28 to 2,000,000 SSU (1 to 440,00 cSt)
- Temperature Range: -120 degrees F to +800 degrees F (-85 degrees C to +430 degrees C)
Viking Pump Mag Drive Pumps
The Universal Mag Drive is one of Viking Pump’s more popular Internal Gear pumps supporting applications with larger flows and more viscous fluids.
- Reduces maintenance costs and downtime associated with shaft seal failure and replacement.
- Reduces environmental costs associated with shaft seal leakage.
- Minimizes installation costs when upgrading existing universal series pumps to sealless with dimensionally interchangeable footprint.
- Bi-directional pumping design eliminates cost of second pump for loading or unloading.
- 3 year limited warranty
The Motor Speed Mag Drive Pump is ideal for applications with smaller flows and for thinner fluids. Viking Motor Speed Mag Drive is designed to provide positive displacement pumping capability in those situations that require the highest assurance of liquid containment. Viking Mag Drive provides for the safe, trouble-free transfer of hazardous, EPA-regulated fluids without electronic monitoring as required with mechanical face- type shaft seals.
General Purpose Pumps
- Maximum application flexibility from a proven, simple pump design with only two moving parts
- Self-priming pump for suction lift requirements
- Various shaft seal options for most application requirements
- Select models have UL listing available
- Installs easily with the motor mount option
- Durable cast iron construction
- Max Capacity to 450GPM (102 M3/Hr)
- Max Pressure to 250 PSI (17 BAR)
- Viscosity Range: to 250,000 SSU (55,00 cSt)
- Temperature Range: -60 degrees F to +300 degrees F (-51 degrees C to +149 degrees C)
Special Purpose Pumps
Asphalt Pumps are designed specifically to melt asphalt that has solidified in the pump prior to startup with temperature control options providing quick time to temperature In addition, to melt bitumen that has solidified in the pump, jacketing is available in bracket, head, and bearing area.
Volatile Liquid Pumps are designed exclusively to handle ammonia, LP Gas and other high vapor pressure fluids in refrigeration, filling and transfer applications. They minimize flashing by operating at low speeds.
Abrasive Fluid Pumps are designed specifically for handling slurries, paints, inks, filled asphalts, and other abrasive liquids. To extend service life and reduce total cost of ownership, they are equipped with tungsten carbide wear parts and silicon carbide mechanical seal faces.
Common Industries and Applications
- Food: Chocolate, cacao butter, fillers, sugar, vegetable fats and oils, molasses, animal food
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Hydraulic Fluid Power
- Petrochemicals: Pure or filled bitumen, pitch, diesel oil, crude oil, lube oil
- Chemicals: Sodium silicate, acids, plastics, mixed chemicals, dyes, rubbers, explosives, personal care products and pharmaceutical, agricultural, foam
- Printing and Publishing: paint, ink
- Resins and adhesives
- Pulp and paper: acid, soap, lye, black liquor, kaolin, lime, latex, sludge
- Refined Petroleum and Coal
- Metals and Mining
How Can We Help?
Whatever you application need, Carotek can customize your system to provide you with optimum performance, low maintenance, and a long operational life. Call your Carotek system specialist today to find the right system configuration for your application need. To request a quote, it will be helpful to know the following:
- Corrosive Nature
- Flowrate (GPM)
- Pressure needed in PSI or Feet of Head
- Temperature Range
- Abrasive nature