LOOKING FOR THAT UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO UTILIZE YOUR I & C TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SOLIDIFY EXISTING RELATIONSHIPS AND EXPAND THE CUSTOMER BASE IN FIVE STATE TERRITORY? THIS MAY BE THE POSITION FOR YOU.
WE ARE CAROTEK, INC., a SunSource Company (www.carotek.com)
Why Would You Be Interested?
- We are recognized as one of the country’s strongest and most respected providers of products and services to meet the demands of a complex, high tech cross-industry market.
- We are recognized as one of the country's strongest engineering level agents, distributors and value-added fabricators. From the simple to the complex, we offer a broad scope of products and services in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, valve, pump and steam specialties to the industrial, commercial and municipal markets in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Virginia.
- We are a full-service resource for the industrial, OEM, MRO, and mobile industrial equipment industries
- We attract top performing associates and match their skills with the best possible opportunity
- We provide an environment that allows our associates to maximize their potential through continuous learning programs
WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
Executing sales strategy and initiating contact with existing and potential customers in a specified territory for the region for the sale of Carotek instrumentation products and services. Acting as a consultative business partner, problem solver, trusted advisor and technical expert in the application of our products, the person in this position will assist customers in the application of the products and services to meet their needs resulting in revenue generation.
- Define and implement effective sales tactics to profitably grow the business in the defined industry;
- Call on end-users such as engineers, technicians and supervisory personnel in the Food & Beverage industry and provide process solutions and application advice on our products;
- Establish effective relationships with customers to gain their trust and confidence in applying our products;
- Grow territory by increasing penetration of existing accounts and developing new accounts;
- Review specifications, application requirements and other documents and work closely with Inside Sales for preparations of resulting quotations;
- Advise Inside Sales personnel as to margins to utilize for particular accounts or projects;
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner;
- Provide technical support for customers in the proper use, operation and maintenance of our equipment;
- Monitors, analyzes and communicates monthly sales data to contribute to industry, product and service planning;
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning;
- Maintain strong principal relationships;
- Attend Factory training sessions and trade shows for products represented;
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of competitive activity, industry trends, new products and other general information of interest to customers...and more!
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Working primarily out of your home, this job operates in a professional office environment. This is a full-time position and there is some flexibility in the hours allowed but individuals in this position typically work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Travel is up to 75% of the time and primarily local during the business day, although occasional travel is expected, which may require overnight stays and weekends. Ability to transport self to various facility sites as required. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Business or a technical field; 4+ years Outside Sales experience within the Food & Beverage or related industry; proven track record of success; Inside Sales and/or Field Service work a plus; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents and product specifications; ability to identify critical decision makers within customer organizations; ability to recognize customer's needs beyond the stated or obvious; ability to work in a professional manner with individuals from varying backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, then we want to hear from you! Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carotek is an affirmative action employer committed to offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Carotek has a current posted job opening. Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction for an indefinite period of time. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply as they become available.
We participate in E-verify, run background checks to include MVR, when applicable, and drug screens.