Verifies the accuracy of incoming shipments and orders; compares identifying information with the packing list, bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; verifies that materials received are as ordered; routes incoming items within the company as directed; prepares items for shipment and maintains related records by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Picks customer order from appropriate stock locations in accordance with the order on the pick list and conveys parts from stock location to staging area for shipping.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, pick lists or other records.
- Examines outgoing shipment to ensure shipment meets specifications.
- Assembles cardboard or crating containers and inserts items into containers using appropriate packing materials to minimize damage during shipping.
- Posts weights, shipping method and shipping charges to generate shipping labels and affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Opens crates and containers and unpacks, counts, sorts and examines incoming shipments to verify receipt of items against packing slip.
- Compares part numbers and descriptions against packing slip.
- Advises Purchasing of any discrepancies in shipment received, such as incorrect quantity, different part number, etc.; rejects damaged items and advises Purchasing.
- Stores parts in designated stock locations according to identifying information such as picking tickets.
- Routes MRO supplies to appropriate departments.
- Marks identifying codes, figures or letters on parts and locations.
- Operates forklift, lift trucks or hand trucks to move shipments from shipping and receiving to proper departments or work areas.
This job operates in a warehouse-type environment where the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The temperature is usually moderate, however, the employee may occasionally be exposed to extreme cold and heat. This role routinely uses standard shipping equipment such as scales, computers and foam machine; band cutters, drills, power saws or other hand tools; and forklifts. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional overtime work may be required as job duties demand.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of UPS and/or FedEx shipping systems and experience in a computerized shipping environment a plus. Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, use simple math and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.