Performs a variety of duties to provide outstanding service to our customers and support to the outside sales staff. Assists customers by answering questions or resolving complex problems related to the spare or replacement products, new equipment, packages or systems. Instrumental in selling corporate products to industrial and commercial establishments over the telephone or through web-generated orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Engages in technical discussions to obtains applicable information to identify correct product needed and advises customer on substitution or modification of product when replacement is necessary;
• Conducts intensive research to identify products from manuals, computer databases, engineering drawings or other resources to determine product needed for replacement;
• Selects and specifies products based on customer application and design prerequisites, including identifying custom requirements and communicating details with Engineering;
• Supplies detailed product quotations by computing price, discount and shipping charges as required and within company guidelines;
• Informs customer of pricing, back orders, delivery, delayed shipments and/or any other problems related to the order process and provides tracking information;
•Enters all pertinent data into the computer system to prepare sales order;
• Assists customers with urgent back orders.
Working knowledge of electrical, pneumatics, mechanical assemblies, gauges, valves, instrumentation, steam traps and/or a very strong mechanical aptitude required; ability to read, analyze and interpret technical drawings and electrical schematics and technical procedures; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions and percentages and the ability to convert standard measurement to metric; ability to effectively manage time in a fast-paced environment, organize and manage multiple priorities; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.