- States: NC, SC, VA
- Summary: Red Valve Tideflex Duckbill Check Valves, the superior alternative to traditional flap gate valves, designed to solve inflow and backflow challenges that overpower other wastewater valves.
- Industry / Applications
Red Valve’s Tideflex Duckbill Check Valves are the original and superior alternative to traditional flap gate valves, designed to solve inflow and backflow challenges that overpower other wastewater valves. Compared with traditional flap gate valves, Tideflex valves eliminate operational and maintenance problems, including freezing open or shut, corrosion of mechanical parts, and warping and clogging due to trapped debris.
The flexibility of the Tideflex® Check Valve lets the valve compress around trapped solids, which results in a much better seal than flapgates. In fact, Tideflex valves provide the tightest possible seal for backflow operations, particularly at low flow rates.
No outside energy source is required because Tideflex check valves open and close using line pressure and backpressure.
Tideflex Duckbill Check Valve Benefits
- low head loss
- low cracking pressure to eliminate standing water and maximize storage volume in the upstream pipe
- no maintenance
- long life span
- extremely cost effective
Tideflex Duckbill Check Valve Features
- one-piece elastomer and ply reinforced body, unaffected by rust, corrosion or UV
- patented Curved Bill that is more flexible than the rest of the valve, so it compresses around solids even more
- Effluent discharge
- Sewer Systems
- Airport/Highway Runoff
- Stormwater and CSO/SSO Systems
- Flood Control Systems