Pharmaceutical Process Equipment
In the pharmaceutical and life science industries, processing takes place within an environment shaped by a regulatory framework from the FDA, GMP, and pharmacopeia, and other organizations. It's a challenge to remain competitive with pressure from patent expirations, rising costs, safety maintenance, sanitation requirements, and government regulations. Carotek understands the ongoing challenges of developing and delivering medication and other products in a hygienic, safe, and efficient way.
Pharmaceutical Grade Pumps
Pharmaceutical manufacturers rely on pumps to process, unload, dose, mix, or transfer ingredients or final products. These pumps may need to be shear sensitive, sanitary, resistant to aggressive fluids, or precise in dosing. Whatever your process requires, Carotek can help find the right pump solution.
- Wright Flow pumps provide circumferential piston and rotary lobe pumps designed for ultra hygienic needs.
- Flotronic, known for the "One-Nut Pump," offers pumping solutions designed for pharmaceutical process and bioprocess requirements, engineered with FDA approved materials and full material traceability. In particular, Flotronic’s sanitary pumps meet the hygienic and sanitary needs of the industry.
- Evoguard Pumps by Krone are innovative recirculation pumps that meet the highest requirements for product quality, hygiene and energy costs for all industries having hygienic or aseptic process requirements such as beverage grade and food grade, make this a perfect solution for any hygienic production process.
Pharmaceutical Grade Instrumentation
Carotek offers pharmaceutical and biotech processing instrumentation for applications in life science, medication, and manufacturing; including products from these leading manufacturers:
- Endress+Hauser specializes in high-techfield instruments designed to control automation processes for the pharma industry and to comply with regulations such as ASME BPE, pharmacopeia, FDA, and GMP. E+H instrumentation adapts especially well for the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry, allowing biopharmaceutical manufacturers to monitor critical parameters of a bioprocess to maintain consistent batches.
- K-Patents specializes in the in-line liquid measurement of concentration and liquid density. K-Patents refractometers are ideal for pharmaceutical processing, where in-line monitoring and control can help to improve product quality and reduce costs. K-Patents Refractometers can enable accurate in-line Brix and concentration measurements and control in the biochemical and pharma processes.
- Michell offers moisture and humidity measurement solutions. Michell’s instrumentation includes transmitters, instruments, and system solutions capable of measuring dew-point, humidity, and oxygen.
- Ashcroft provides cleanroom compatible instrumentation for the pharma industry. Advanced transducers for low and high range measurement, calibration instruments for in-place calibration and measurement, and all-stainless gauges meet industry requirements.
- Pepperl+Fuchs supplies explosion protection, batch control automation, and asset management systems that help automate the manufacturing process and validate regulatory directives.
- Kaiser Optical Instruments is a leader in Raman Spectrometers to monitor chemical or biological processes with little maintenance.
Pharmaceutical Grade Valves
Pharmaceutical and biologic manufacturers require production systems that ensure rapid installation and validation, high productivity, and the maximum uptime. Carotek can assist with selecting the right valves for a clean, effective, and easily maintained process.
- SVF provides process ball valves and actuators. SVF is especially known for high purity valves specifically engineered to meet the demanding requirements of the industries applications, where particle generation and contamination can jeopardize the results of processing.
- DFT is known for silent in-line check valves and severe service control valves. DSV check valves prevent flow reversal in systems and comply with the most stringent cleanliness codes.
- ASCO manufactures valves ranging from two positions on/off valves to entire flow control solutions, and they are known as a world leader in solenoid valves. ASCO is a top fluid automation provider for biotechnology and pharmaceutical plants, supplying solenoid valves, air preparation equipment, and position indicators to control, measure, and treat the flows of liquid, steam, air, and other gases in piping. ASCO solutions are used in fermentation, water treatment, trituration, levitation, decantation, collation, filtration, centrifugation, and precipitation.
- Evoguard Valves by Krone are designed specifically for both Hygienic and Aseptic applications whether pumping, isolating, diverting or controlling your process flows.
- Kammer Valves has a solution where perfect cleanliness and sterile valves are required that meet the USDA and 3A requirements and are also Clean In Place (CIP) and Steam In Place (SIP).
- Hardy Process Solutions offers weighing instruments, sensors and scales.
Pharmaceutical Grade Steam Products
Dealing with steam may require pressure controls, temperature controls, condensate pumps, strainers, isolation valves, refrigeration system purgers, and steam filters. Carotek can help you select the right steam products to help conserve energy and save money.
Armstrong International specializes in thermal utility solutions for energy management issues affecting the industry. Steam, air, and hot water solutions can save time and reduce energy consumption, which affects the bottom line. Armstrong steam products measure steam flow, drain liquids from gases, and vent gases from liquids, and Armstrong’s unified steam generators produce clean steam for humidification, sterilization, and pharmaceutical processes.