Instrumentation Flow 2 - Advanced: Course F-102
This advanced course (16 hours) is designed for those students having successfully completed the Basic Flow School, Course One (F101).Additionally, users with demonstrable competence in the programming, operation, and troubleshooting of flowmeters are encouraged to attend. Students should be proficient with PC-based and HART® communication.
Class will start by providing instrument techs and engineers with a brief section on the basic understanding of numerous flow technologies. Following this introduction, we will proceed with in-depth training on vortex, magnetic, ultrasonic, and coriolis flowmeters. This class will primarily be “hands-on” training on either the Process Training Unit (PTU), a full-scale working process skid with on-line instrumentation and controls, or live instruments in training stands designed to simulate operating conditions.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Perform configuration of flow device (coriolis, electromagnetic, vortex and ultrasonic)
- Use on-board and PC-based tools to troubleshoot process and instrument problems
- Diagnose and correct problems with vortex, magnetic, coriolis, and ultrasonic flowmeters
- Produce proper documentation and trending of flow measuring devices
- Work with instrumentation specialists to specify the best type of flow technology for a variety of applications The course will specifically cover:
- Coriolis flowmeters
- Ultrasonic flowmeters
- Electromagnetic flowmeters
- Vortex Shedding flowmeters
- Endress+Hauser FieldCare®
- Density and viscosity measurements
16 PDH (Professional Development Hours) available upon completion of entire course