Process Training Unit - ( PTU® )
In 2009, Carotek built a fully functional "Mini Process Plant" at the Matthews facility in Charlotte, NC. This PTU® was designed to combine classroom education and hands-on labs to provide the means to teach fundamental, theoretical knowledge and practical applications with an emphasis on service and maintenance of industrial equipment in real –life process plants. Through a partnership with Endress & Hauser, we offer full scale, working process skids with on-line instrumentation and controls. Carotek’s goal with the Process Training Unit “PTU®” is to create tangible customer value in keeping up with the rapidly changing technology in the marketplace.
- The PTU® features over 130 field Instruments: Pressure, Temperature, level, Flow & Analysis communication via Hart, ProfibusPA, Foundation Fieldbus and Ethernet IP.
- The unit contains the latest in On/Off, Control Valve and Pump Technologies.
- The newest addition to the PTU® is a batching system to simulate batching or recipe processes.
- Participants learn the application, installation, operation and diagnostic procedures related to many types of process instrumentation and control processes.
- The Rockwell Automation PlantPAx operating system regulates the PTU® by actuating control valves and adjusting pump drive speed. It also provides a real time view of the process and continuous monitoring of critical parameters.
- Demonstration of energy management capabilities and functional wireless web system gives our training facility the “wow” factor that puts our words into action.
The Carotek Process Training Unit is one of only 10 in the nation.
We also conduct training throughout the year on an individual or a corporate basis.