GEMU Valve Distributor
Carotek is an Authorized Distributor for GEMÜ Valves for Industrial applications, and Sanitary Valves for Food & Beverage applications in NC, SC, VA and GA. GEMÜ is known as the market leader in manufacturing, developing and selling engineered diaphragm valves to the process industries. Carotek staff offers application and material selection knowledge to ensure the right solution for your process applications.
GEMÜ components and systems comply with all statutory requirements and are certified based on their area of application.
Industrial Diaphragm Valves
For Industrial & Chemical processing applications we offer many versatile valves, measurement and control systems. Their diaphragm valves are available in metal or plastic versions. Commonly used in petrochemical plant, oil and gas production, mining and the mineral-processing industry, the manufacture of print products, paper and cellulose, HVAC, plastics processing, the textile, clothing and cleaning industry, the steel industry, as well as in vehicle, aircraft and ship construction.
Industrial Diaphragm Valve 687
The GEMU 687 pneumatically operated 2/2-way diaphragm valve has a low maintenance membrane actuator. Normally Closed, Normally Open and Double Acting control functions are available. This Industrial Valve features:
- Suitable for inert and corrosive liquid and gaseous media
- Chemical resistance of actuator
- Stainless steel body with CIP/SIP cleaning and sterilizing capabilities
- Insensitive to particulate media
- Valve body and diaphragm available in various materials and designs
- Surface finishes down to 0.25 µm
Variable area flowmeter GEMÜ 805
The GEMÜ 800 flowmeter operates according to the variable area principle and has a transparent metering tube. The scale printed onto the metering tube is suited to the medium. Dovetail sections moulded onto the metering tube allow for easy mounting of adjustable visual flow indicators, limit switches and a continuous readout transmitter.
Sanitary Diaphragm Valves
For Sanitary applications in Food & Beverage, and Cosmetics , the most popular products are the stainless steel GEMÜ 650, 660 and the manually operated 550 globe valve. Available certifications include the EHEDG-certified seal system employed by the diaphragm valves and the FDA certificate for gland packing of globe valves. Products that comply with 3A, TA Luft (German Clean Air Act) or explosion protection requirements are also available.
GEMÜ developed the GEMÜ 660 and 550 pneumatically operated diaphragm valves specially for the beverage industry, where it is primarily used in circular fillers. Popular uses include manufacturing yogurt, honey, ketchup, beer, mineral water and other soft drinks and fruit juices (even with pulp), cooling water circuits, cleaning and CIP equipment (for example crate washing systems).
The GEMÜ 550 is particularly designed for steam applications, where we offer the M-block stainless steel multiport valve.
GEMU Valve Product Advantages
Product advantages associated with the use of GEMÜ's metal multi-port valve blocks
- Increased product reliability (fewer fittings and weld seams; low hold-up volume, small wetted area)
- Requires less space thanks to compact design
- Optimized draining design with reduced deadleg
- Individual, customized and flexible design
- Reduced and simple validation
- Bodies machined from a block, actuators and diaphragms from GEMÜ's tried and tested modular system
Product advantages associated with the use of globe and control valves
- Ideally suited to fast cycle duties
- High flow rates
- Plastic body made of corrosion-resistant materials
- Metal body available in various materials
- Sterile and hygienic designs available
- Excellent control characteristics; individual configuration of the control characteristic possible
- ATEX-compliant versions for potentially explosive areas
Product advantages associated with the use of diaphragm valves with plastic lining
- Full flow bore with viscous liquids, such as liquids with a high solid or fibre content
- Prevention of micro-pitting (hydroabrasion) when using abrasive media such as surface water containing sand
- High quality, precisely definable geometric features, consistent wall thickness, a high degree of process reliability and excellent reproducibility of the lining thanks to use of the latest plastic injection moulding machines to line the metal bodies
Watch Carotek-GEMU YouTube Channel Videos