Food & Beverage Process Equipment
In the food and beverage industry, process integrity, recipe compliance, and product reliability are basic prerequisites in food processing. Most processes must remain closed and contamination of the process media must be prevented in every phase of production. Carotek understands these needs and can provide the expertise, the products and the service to meet these requirements. We offer specialized products in pumps, instrumentation, valves, steam/air/hydronic as well as complete process skids and control panels for process automation and process control systems.
Food Grade Pumps
The food and beverage industry relies on pumping and mixing solutions. Pumps are often specialized for distinct processes such as sugar, starch and sweetener production. Separation equipment is mostly used in beverage manufacturing and the process supports purification and concentration.
Carotek has various pump product lines that cater to the food and beverage industry’s hygienic and sanitary requirements including WrightFlow Technologies and Flotronic Pumps.
- Wright Flow Technologies’ 3-A certified pumps meet the low shear and accurate dosing requirements for food and beverage operations, from meat products to confectionary. These pumps are industry leaders in the beverage industry which dose for flavors and colors, heavy sugars, yeast, and low viscosity. Wright Flow pumps handle solids that affect food quality. They have special pumps to handle many specialized food and beverage applications: the texture and taste of chocolate, chicken viscera and fats, and finished gravies and sauces. These pumps also are able to handle different temperature requirements for all dairy products.
- Flotronic Pumps is known for the “One Nut Pump.” These pumps are used for juices, relishes, dairy products, flavorings, mayonnaise, soft drinks, and more. Flotronic pumps help increase line speed, improve food handling, decrease maintenance time required to meeting sanitary standards, improve dosing accuracy, and maximize product utilization. The 3-A certification of Flotronic’s “H” series pumps acknowledges that they have been designed for the most rigorous hygienic standards.
- Iwaki Air AODD Pumps can be used for the safe transfer of liquids for the food and beverage industry. They are operation- and leak-tested to ensure years of reliable service. Carotek is a stocking distributor in Georgia for IWAKI Air AODD pumps from ¼ to 3”.
Sanitary Process Instrumentation
Carotek carries specialized instrumentation product lines that cater to the food and beverage industry.
- Endress+Hauser is known for sanitary process instrumentation. They design and manufacture EHEDG approved Mass flow Meters, Level, Analytical measurement, Pressure instrumentation, and Temperature instrumentation. E+H gives you accurate measurements, increases productivity, and reduces cost. They can easily meet regulations for hygiene in food safety, and are able to measure: Percent concentration, Temperature, Velocity, Leakage detection, Tank level, Interface detection.
- K-Patents provides food grade instrumentation for food industry applications, including sugar and sweeteners, wine and beer, dairy, coffee and tea, eggs, jam, soybean oil, and much more. K-Patents’ EHEDG certified refractometers measure liquid concentration and liquid density.
- Michell Instruments offers moisture and humidity measurement solutions for the food industry. Michell’s food grade instrumentation includes transmitters, instruments, and system solutions capable of measuring dew-point, humidity, and oxygen.
- Ashcroft supplies food grade instrumentation, including products that allow Clean-in-place (CIP) and Sterilization-in-place (SIP), such as stainless steel gauges and compact pressure switches and transducers for tight spaces.
- Pepperl+Fuchs provides the food industry with sensors that allow RFID tagging of food and beverage products, and ultrasonic sensors for applications like beverage filling.
- Eurotherm offers process controllers and sensors to monitor and control pressure and temperature levels that are crucial to safe, repeatable, and high quality food and beverage products.
- Clark-Reliance supplies solutions for level indication and control, sightflow indication, filtration and separation. Their food grade instrumentation maintains hygiene and controls levels by methods that don’t require contact with the material.
Carotek offers specialized valve product lines for the food and beverage industry. Learn more about our sanitary and hygienic valves.
- SVF Flow Controls manufactures a range of ball valves, actuators, and controls that suit the hygienic needs of food and beverage processing. Highly sanitary ball valves are flow control devices that meet industry criteria for purity of materials and design.
- DFT is known for their 3-A certified silent in-line check valves and severe service control valves. DSV check valves prevent flow reversal in systems and comply with the most stringent cleanliness codes.
- GEMU specializes in engineered diaphragm valves for industry, including food and beverage processing.
- ASCO specializes in solenoid valves, and has over 100 years of experience offering fluid control solutions for the food and beverage industry.
Carotek carries specialized product lines of steam/air/hydronics catering to the food and beverage industry.
- Thermon offers a steam tracing solution for pipe temperatures. They increase the thermal efficiency of conventional steam tracers.
- Gardner Denver products are made for compressed air blowers for processes that rely on compressed air. Gardner Denver products are designed for sanitary use in direct contact with product or used in packaging the products.
- Armstrong provides steam traps, strainers, air vents, and other components to create an energy efficient thermal utility system.
Manufacturing Process Skids & Control Panels
Carotek offers custom integrated process skid fabrication for food and beverage processes. We can create mechanical and electrical skid mounted process systems that are prewired and mounted on a common base. We can build them economically within your budget. The process skids are fully customizable according to customer’s specifications, and are fully tested and certified before leaving our shop. Learn more about Process Skids.
Carotek also offers control panel and system integrations. We have the ability to design, fabricate, develop software and assist with the system startup. We can fabricate custom PLC control cabinets to your specific needs. The control system will be built to go in your existing process systems. We also test all the systems prior to shipment. We also offer on-site start up assistance and training. Learn more about Control Panels.
Carotek’s specialized product application engineers are available to help you determine the best products to enhance the efficiencies of your process, meet stringent hygiene standards, increase product quality and consistency and more. Whatever your needs, let Carotek help. Contact us today.