Careers At Carotek
With over 160 highly trained employees, Carotek is recognized as one of the country’s strongest and most respected providers of products and services to meet the demands of a complex, high tech cross-industry market. We offer a dynamic and exciting work environment, with competitive salaries, incentive programs, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are recognized as one of the country's strongest engineering level agents, distributors and value-added fabricators. From the simple to the complex, we offer a broad scope of products and services in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, valve, pump and steam specialties to the industrial, commercial and municipal markets in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Virginia.
Our mechanical and electrical shops are designed to custom build and integrate complex process skids. We continue to strive for product improvement and value engineer these packages for better cost and product enhancement.
Carotek also is an affirmative action employer committed to offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status.
How to Apply:
We're always on the lookout for highly talented and highly motivated people to help us continue our hard-earned reputation for quality and service excellence. We invite you to take a look at the career opportunities we have listed below. If you think this is the right environment for you, apply today, or sign up to be notified of new jobs in the Carotek email newsletter.
To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Carotek has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply as they become available. For a list of current openings and related position descriptions, see below.
If you find a specific position in which you are interested in applying, please click on the following links to print and complete our Employment Application and Applicant Data Survey.
Completed Employment Applications and Applicant Data Surveys (along with any resume, if desired, and salary history) can be submitted via email or postal mail, as outlined below. Applicants may also apply in person at Carotek locations. Submitted application materials must indicate the specific position opening(s) for which you are applying to be considered.
Mail: Carotek, Inc.
Attn: Mary Argenas
P.O. Box 1395
Matthews, NC 28106
Performs routine to moderately complex electrical design tasks requiring the use of computer aided design (CAD) and peripheral equipment to provide support to Systems Engineers by preparing clear, complete and accurate layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture of electrical control panels. Will also be required to create piping ISO’s for use in calculating and sizing electrical heat trace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop electrical control panel designs.
- Utilizes sketches and data submitted to create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings) ensuring the drawings convey the correct information.
- Creates layout of control panels and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes using established NEMA wiring standards and symbols.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and products.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Draws finished designs from sketches for Systems Engineering approval with detailed Bill of Material.
- Works closely with System Engineers establish drawing and documentation requirements for specific projects; resolve technical problems; analyze design concepts as to manufacturing feasibility and alters detail and layout drawings to confirm to engineering changes.
- Works closely with Shop personnel to make any changes necessary during the fabrication process.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings, makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to the database.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, customers and others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are followed, safe working conditions are maintained and safety procedures are followed and uses appropriate safety equipment, if any.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional environment where there is ambient room temperature and lighting as typically found in an office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing and shipping/receiving areas where, under certain areas, the noise level is high; may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, foot and/or hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional customer site visits may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) in computer aided drafting or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology.
Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations and calculate dimensions.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.). Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD.
Basic understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) is a plus.
Pneumatics and Hydraulics experience is a plus.
Basic understanding of process control is also a plus.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction for an indefinite period of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Further, should you need assistance or reasonable accommodations in connection with the application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (704) 844-1103 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Veterans Employer
We comply with E-Verify.